Over the years, the magic of Star War has always lived on screen and in our imaginations. Thanks to our advancements in technology, we’ve made it possible to bring a new part of Star Wars: The Force Awaken into your home.
Meet BB-8 - the app-enabled Droid that's as authentic as it is advanced. BB-8 has something unlike any other robot - an adaptive personality that changes as you play. Based on your interactions, BB-8 will show a range of expressions and even perk up when you give voice commands. Set it to patrol and watch your Droid explore autonomously, make up your own adventure and guide BB-8 yourself, or create and view holographic recordings.
It’s now possible to explore the galaxy with your own trusty Astromech Droid by your side. BB-8 is more than a toy - it’s your companion.
Guide your BB-8 with a smartphone or tablet
Record and view virtual holographic videos with BB-8
Listens & Responds
BB-8 recognizes and reacts to your voice
BB-8 has a mind of its own - explore the Star Wars galaxy together
Your BB-8’s unique attitude and actions evolve as you interact
Describe your product in 3 words.
Lovable. Companion. Droid.
Where did you get the inspiration for your product?
The one and only BB-8, seen in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
What differentiates your product from similar products out there?
It is a true Droid, capable of autonomous behavior and built with personality. Until now, the magic of Star Wars has always lived on screen and in our imaginations. Thanks to our advancements in technology, we’ve made it possible to bring a new part of Star Wars: The Force Awakens into your home.
Tell us about the best and most challenging parts of the creation process.
The best part of creating BB-8 was working with a franchise like Star Wars and bringing a Droid to life in ways we've never seen. That being said, the most challenging part was upholding the authenticity of the Star Wars brand to the highest degree.
|Age||10 years, 16 years, 18 years, 21 years, 25 years, 30 years|
NO NEED TO GO TO TOSCHE STATION
R2 units: is there anything those little guys can't do? While we don't yet have the technology in this quadrant of the galaxy for fully-automated repair droids like the R2 units from Star Wars, we can get a portion of the R2's versatility into something small enough to sit in your vehicle's cupholder.
You see, it makes R2-D2 whistle sadly when he sees a device that's run out of power. Make him bloop and bleep happily again by letting him use your vehicle's power to recharge your devices. With him plugged into your 12V vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter), you can get 2.1 Amps through each of his USB charging ports, which is enough to charge two tablets or smartphones or, well, pretty much anything that charges via USB. What's that, little guy? He says, "Bloop bloop bleep," which we think means "Yay!"
- R2-D2 USB Car Charger
- A ThinkGeek creation and exclusive!
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- Compatible with anything that charges via USB (iPhones, smartphones, iPads, tablets, GPSes, etc.) as long as you have the cable
- Two (2) USB charging ports
- Each port provides 2.1 Amps (enough to charge 2 tablets simultaneously)
- R2-D2's dome rotates and lights up; he whistles and beeps (when power is connected and when your device begins to charge; force him to animate by pressing his center button which turns power to the ports on; sounds cannot be turned off)
- Flexible arms allow you to customize him to best fit your vehicle's cupholder
- Blue/red LED inside the front radar eye lens indicates USB port power status
- Dimensions: 5 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" wide at widest, 2" diameter at bottom (to fit cupholder), cable 36" long
- Includes: R2 unit with 2 USB ports, 12V vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter)
The secret of the Death Star was that it looked like one thing, but it was technically another. It looked like a moon hanging there in space, but we know that secretly it was actually a space station. Waffles are a lot like that, too. They look like dessert, all covered with strawberries and whipped cream and chocolate chips and powdered sugar and syrup (well, maybe not all of those at once), but they're technically breakfast. Booyah.
If you're ready to make your kitchen explode with awesome, you need a Death Star Waffle Maker. Plug it in, warm it up, and pour the batter onto the non-stick cooking plates. In just minutes, you'll have golden, delicious waffles, good enough to destroy a planet for. Well, a small one, at least.
And if one side turns out a little funny with bubbles or you overcook it and there's a Dark Side, just flip it over. There's a Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser indentation on both cooking plates, so you're covered. And both sides have pockets for your tasty toppings. Just keep in mind when you break out the syrup that it's likely to do its own version of the trench run.
Honestly, there's no need to waffle. You know you want it.
- Death Star Waffle Maker
- Officially-licensed Star Wars merchandise
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Produces a 7" diameter round waffle with two sections
- Non-stick cooking plates duplicate the design on both sides
- Indicators light up when iron is on and when it is at correct temperature
- Materials: Cast aluminum cooking plates
- Dimensions: 8" deep x 10" wide x 4" tall
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Electrical Plug: Type B socket (American, grounded) 110V ~ 60Hz
The alarm goes off. Vader gets up, stretches, and slogs out of bed. He puts on his Star Wars Fleece Robe and his Darth Vader slippers, and heads to the kitchen. Of course he enjoys a cup of Dark Side Roast, but Vader never, EVER starts his day without some toast made in his Star Wars Toaster. And all this inside his meditation chamber! Now you can have a Star Wars Toaster of your own (meditation chamber not included).
Each Star Wars Toaster is molded in sturdy black plastic and meticulously detailed to look Darth Vader's helmet (minus the very top bit). It makes an imposing addition to any kitchen counter. Pop in two pieces of bread, frozen pancakes, hamburger buns, Alderaan muffins, or whatever, and in moments Vader ejects them with "Star Wars" toasted onto one side. Like your toast on the darker side? A handy dial provides temperature adjustment. With the imposing presence of Darth Vader, the Star Wars Toaster will help eaters start their day feeling ready to take over the planet, and anything else that might get in their way.
- Star Wars Toaster that looks like (most of) Darth Vader's head!
- Toasts: Bread, Waffles, English Muffins, Toaster Pastries, etc.
- Toasts "Star Wars" on one side of the bread
- Compact Two-Slice Toaster with Cool-Touch Housing
- Reheat, Defrost, and Quick Stop Functions
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Automatic Manual Switch-Off
- Removable Crumb Tray for Easy Cleaning
- Power Supply: 110-120V 60Hz 570-680W
- Officially-licensed Star Wars food device
- Materials: Plastic exterior
- Weight: approx. 4.1 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12" x 10.7" x 8.4"